“Driven first-generation low-income student, from a family of four women. Comfortable leading in uncomfortable situations.”
Hometown: Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fun fact about yourself: Since I was 18, I never had less than three different active jobs/projects at the same time.
Undergraduate School and Degree: Faculty of Economics, University of Banja Luka – Business Economics
Where was the last place you worked before enrolling in business school?
Official paid role that ended six months before the MBA:
- Company: MELTWATER (SaaS – Software as a Service, BI – Business Intelligence, $500MN) – SaaS/BI catering to Social Media, Communications and Marketing departments worldwide, including Fortune 500, governmental, and non-profit entities
- Role: Senior Manager – Client Experience & Self-Serve Department (Middle East, India & Russia)
6 months prior to MBA started:
- Company: Women in Tech Global Movement (remote, volunteering, women-in-tech.org)
- Role: Global Expansion & Experience Director
Where did you intern during the summer of 2021? I quit my job in Dubai and took on remote volunteering Global Expansion Director role for Women in Tech.
Where will you be working after graduation? Targeting MBB Tech Consulting Roles while developing own EdTech start-up focused on Balkan market
Community Work and Leadership Roles in Business School:
- IE Excellence Award Recipient
- Elected MBA Section Chief – In charge of organizing activities to promote Diversity & Inclusion amongst students and participation in Cross-Sectional events
- Initiator and coordinator of IE “Candidate Journey redesign” project with IE Talent & Careers office employees (six people) and Student Leadership (seven people)
Which academic or extracurricular achievement are you most proud of during business school? Coordinated eight volunteers (US, UK, Spain, USA, India) and launched new Chapters for Women in Tech- Global Movement organization (Malaysia, Nigeria, Mexico, Germany & Ukraine-process interrupted) – This showed me that my passion for growing the community to address inequalities in Tech industry was strong enough to make me not slow down my involvement, despite studying full-time MBA program.
Recruited and trained 3 volunteers for Women in Tech organization from MBA-partners club to help those women have continuity in their careers and stay attractive on the job market (wives that quit their jobs to follow husbands to MBA).
What achievement are you most proud of in your professional career?
Speaker on Importance of Youth Activism, Climate Action UNDP program Bosnia & Herzegovina (January 2021) & CX Module speaker at Molson Coors Business Academy Bosnia & Herzegovina (December 2020): These speaking opportunities were proof that my experience …….