fizkes / Shutterstock.com
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared on FlexJobs.com.
Your day job may be your dream job, but it may not be enough. It might not provide the income you want or have enough security to make you feel stable. Or, you may have stopped growing professionally but aren’t ready to leave.
Whatever the reasons, a side job may be the answer to whatever it is you’re experiencing. Though bartending and driving a cab are common side jobs, these days, there are many professional and well-paying side jobs that you can do from the comfort of your home.
What Is a Side Job?
ShotPrime Studio / Shutterstock.com
Call it a side hustle, a side gig, or even moonlighting, a side job is one you take on in addition to your primary job. You can do it part-time, seasonally, or even just occasionally. Many people use side jobs to learn new skills, test-drive a career change, or pursue a passion.
Side jobs are also an excellent way to supplement your income. Between the Great Resignation, rising inflation rates, and economic uncertainty, many workers are taking on a second job to close income gaps, boost savings, and find greater financial security.
25 Remote Side Jobs
Syda Productions / Shutterstock.com
Fortunately, the increase in remote jobs has created more opportunities than ever for people to find lucrative, flexible side gigs. And many of these jobs are in the FlexJobs database.
Below are 25 side jobs with active listings on our site. These positions are from a variety of industries and career levels. We’ve also included the average hourly salary from Payscale.
- Bookkeeper ($18 per hour)
- Career Coach ($19 per hour)
- Curriculum Writer ($29 per hour)
- Copy Editor ($19 per hour)
- Customer Service Representative ($14 per hour)
- Editor ($20 per hour)
- Executive Assistant ($21 per hour)
- Graphic Designer ($18 per hour)
- Health Coach ($20 per hour)
- Interpreter ($20 per hour)
- Lead Generation Specialist ($15 per hour)
- Medical Coder ($19 per hour)
- Online ESL Teacher ($20 per hour)
- Project Manager ($26 per hour)
- Proofreader ($18 per hour)
- Recruiter ($19 per hour)
- Resume Writer ($19 per hour)
- Search Engine Evaluator ($19 per hour)
- Social Media Manager ($16 per hour)
- Tech Support ($19 per hour)
- Test Prep Instructor ($18 per hour)
- Travel Consultant ($19 per hour)
- Tutor ($18 per hour)
- Virtual Assistant ($16 per hour)
- Writer ($21 per hour)
How to Start Your Side Hustle
insta_photos / Shutterstock.com
If you’re ready to …….