An annual job fair is set to take off December 30 in Broome County.
The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce is hosting the annual Project Homecoming Job and Career Fair at the Oakdale Mall from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WNBF news/Roger Neel Photo
The Chamber has been hosting the event for decades hoping to pair job-seekers who may be back in town for the holidays with local companies looking to fill positions.
There are over two-dozen companies and agencies on-board this year ranging from health care tio manufacturing, high tech and finance.
Again this year, ”Profile Packets” are being handed out to all job seekers with a focus on encouraging high school juniors and seniors seeking employment to attend the job fair.
Attendees are encouraged to bring many copies of their resume and the Chamber will scan each to create an online database participating job fair companies can access after the event.
Job Fairs are coordinated by the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce in September and December.
The Chamber lists these among the confirmed participating companies as of 12/13/21:
2. Amrex Chemical Company Co., Inc.
3. Bates Troy
4. Broome Tioga Workforce
5. Century 21 Sbarra Real Estate Services
6. Children’s Home
7. Community Options New York, Inc.
8. D & R Technical Solutions, Inc.
9. Dimon & Bacorn Co. of Binghamton
10. Express Employment Solutions
11. Good Shepherd Communities
12. HCA(Helping Celebrate Abilities)
13. Lourdes Hospital
15. Maine-Endwell Central School District
14. Tioga Downs Casino Resort
16. McIntosh Labs
17. Mirabito Energy Products & Convenience Stores
18. New York State Department of Corrections
19. Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 112
22. Susquehanna Nursing & Rehab Center
23. Willow Run Foods
24. Trivium Packaging
25. United Health Services
26. United Methodist Homes
27. U.S. Army
28. Visions Federal Credit Union
29. WBNG-TV & Binghamton CW
30. Weitsman Shredding, LLC
31. Willow Run Foods
Businesses That Would Bring People To The Oakdale Mall