Editor’s Note: Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Temperatures are rising, and so is the American urge to hit the beach, road trip or take a nice family vacation.
Another thing not cooling off, though, is inflation. These days, every buck counts even more than usual — so why not take a minute to see if you’re getting all the savings you can out of your credit card?
Check out these great card offers and see what you can do to take the heat off your wallet.
Capital One Venture
Why we like it: An early spending bonus offer of 75,000 miles when you spend $4,000 within the first three months is worth $750 in travel.
What to know:
- Earn 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar on every other purchase with no annual cap or expiration.
- Get up to a $100 credit on Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee.
Note: This card has a $95 annual fee. The Capital One VentureOne card does not, but doesn’t have the same early spending bonus offer and offers a lower rate of return.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Why we like it: Like its cousin the Chase Sapphire Reserve, this card offers great bang for your buck on travel rewards and currently has a compelling introductory offer: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months, worth $750 toward travel. Combined with all the other high reward points opportunities, this card more than pays for itself.
What to know:
- Get 60,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
- Get a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards hotel credit.
- Get a 10% anniversary points boost each year.
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent on dining.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on other travel.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on everything else.
- Get trip cancellation insurance if your trip is canceled due to sickness or severe weather conditions.
- Get complimentary DashPass for a year or more for $0 delivery fees on DoorDash.
- No …….