The average interest rate fore a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is 3.583%, according to the most recent data available. Although rates have been trending higher over the past month, they remain very attractive for well-qualified borrowers planning on a new home purchase or refinance their current loan.
- The latest rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is 3.583%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage is 2.59%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 5/1 ARM is 2.146%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 7/1 ARM is 2.795%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 10/1 ARM is 3.123%. ⇓
Money’s daily mortgage rates reflect what a borrower with a 20% down payment and a 700 credit score — roughly the national average score — might pay if he or she applied for a home loan right now. Each day’s rates are based on the average rate 8,000 lenders offered to applicants the previous business day. Freddie Mac’s weekly rates will generally be lower, since they measure rates offered to borrowers with higher credit scores.
30-year fixed-rate mortgage rates today
- The 30-year rate is 3.583%.
- That’s a one-day decrease of 0.042 percentage points.
- That’s a one-month increase of 0.246 percentage points.
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage has three features that make it the most popular home loan in America: the interest rate is predictable, the monthly payments never change and the long payback time results in more affordable payments. The drawback is that the interest rate will typically be higher than the rate on a shorter-term loan, so you’ll actually spend more money over the full 30 year term.
Ads by Money. We may be compensated if you click this ad.Ad
Average Mortgage Rates
Data based on US mortgage loans closed on Dec 6, 2021
|Loan Type||Dec 6||Last Week||Change|
|15 Year Fixed Conventional||2.59%||2.6%||0.01%|
|30 Year Fixed Conventional||3.58%||3.57%||0.01%|
|7/1 ARM Rate||2.8%||3.27%||0.47%|
|10/1 ARM Rate||3.12%||3.38%||0.26%|
Your actual rate may vary
15-year fixed-rate mortgage rates today
- The 15-year rate is 2.59%.
- That’s a one-day decrease of 0.018 percentage points.
- That’s a one-month increase of 0.011 percentage points.