The mortgage rate on a 30-year fixed-rate loan is averaging 3.385%, according to the most recent data available. The rate for a 30-year refinance loan is currently 2.507%.
Interest rates continue to hover around historic lows. Borrowers with strong credit should be able to find attractive rates and monthly payments for a home purchase or a mortgage refinance.
- The latest rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is 3.385%. ⇑
- The latest rate on a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage is 2.507%. ⇑
- The latest rate on a 5/1 ARM is 2.239%. ⇔
- The latest rate on a 7/1 ARM is 3.226%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 10/1 ARM is 3.142%. ⇓
Money’s daily mortgage rates reflect what a borrower with a 20% down payment and a 700 credit score — roughly the national average score — might pay if he or she applied for a home loan right now. Each day’s rates are based on the average rate 8,000 lenders offered to applicants the previous business day. Freddie Mac’s weekly rates will generally be lower, since they measure rates offered to borrowers with higher credit scores.
30-year fixed-rate mortgage rates today
- The 30-year rate is 3.385%.
- That’s a one-day increase of 0.072 percentage points.
- That’s a one-month decrease of 0.104 percentage points.
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is the most popular type of home loan thanks to its steady interest rate and monthly payments. The long pay-off time is also attractive because it means the monthly payments will be relatively low. Compared to a shorter-term loan, however, the interest rate will be higher, making the 30-year loan the more expensive option in the long run.
Ads by Money. We may be compensated if you click this ad.Ad
Average Mortgage Rates
Data based on US mortgage loans closed on Nov 10, 2021
|Loan Type||Nov 10||Last Week||Change|
|15 Year Fixed Conventional||2.51%||2.54%||0.03%|
|30 Year Fixed Conventional||3.39%||3.43%||0.04%|
|7/1 ARM Rate||3.23%||3.38%||0.15%|
|10/1 ARM Rate||3.14%||3.66%||0.52%|
Your actual rate may vary
15-year fixed-rate mortgage rates today
- The 15-year rate is 2.507%.
- That’s a one-day increase of 0.053 percentage points.
- That’s a one-month decrease of 0.036 …….