Spend a night under the stars with family and friends on June 25, 2022, as part of the Great American Campout. Here’s all you need to know.
The five Ws
- Who: You!
- What: A communitywide at-home campout promote camping and outdoor activities. Although free to participate, you can register for free to participate in a friendly competition among local elementary schools, with a $500 donation to the school with the highest participation.
- Where: Your backyard, living room, patio, porch, deck or bedroom
- When: Saturday, June 25
- Why: To raise money for an elementary school PTO.
P.S. we don’t expect you to make it all night outside.
What to expect
Register, for free, by June 23, to you participate in a friendly competition among local elementary schools, with a $500 donation to the school with the highest participation. You’ll receive a flyer with instructions, so take a photo of your campsite and share it.
The campout in June 25 and it can be where ever you are. Get comfy and set up camp in your backyard, living room, patio, porch, deck, bedroom or any campground. Maybe start a fire — or a “fire” — and make s’mores or tell ghost stories or sing your favorite camp songs. Your campout can be as short as you’d like, and as long as it’s fun.
You also might be wondering
- If the weather isn’t conducive to camping on June 25, you can campout on July 2.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
- Since this event is outside, there are no additional COVID mitigations.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Inc, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities.
For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] …….