Easter egg basket.
Beautiful Weekend Weather, Y’all!
Hope your weekend is filled with less April Fool’s pranks, and more sunshine.
So, What Should You Do?
For your convenience, this newsletter includes emojis to help you during these unprecedented times:
- The 🛋 indicates an event is happening in-person inside.
- The 🌲 indicates an event is happening in-person outside.
- The 💻 indicates an event is happening virtually.
- And lastly, the 🆓 indicates an event is free.
- The 💉 indicates an event requires proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test.
Your Last-Minute Weekend Plans
- Get outside this weekend. 🌳🌳🌳 There’s plenty of ways to bask in the sunshine and celebrate spring! Wander around the largest two-day celebration of Japanese culture at the Sakura Matsuri – Japanese Street Festival (Sat-Sun, $15 both day early bird, 🌲, Downtown). While there on Saturday, you may be interested in seeing a ballet performance entitled “Rising Sun” by the Washington Ballet. Roam the Rose Garden at the White House Spring Garden Tours (Sat-Sun, 🆓, 🌲, White House). Or, take yourself out to the ballgame for the rescheduled Nationals Opening Day (Thurs, $, 🌲, Navy Yard). Learn how to speak for the trees at an outdoor screening of “The Lorax” (Fri, $5, 🌲, The Yards). Shop plants, vintage, and cookbooks at the “Bloom” (Sat, 🆓, 🌲, Mount Pleasant) pop-up at Bold Fork Books. Identify plants in Palisades with Casey Trees (Sun, 🆓, 🌲, Palisades).
- The Easter Bunny is coming to town. 🐰 Partake in an underwater egg hunt (Sat, $8, 🛋, Reston). Explore boutiques in Old Town Alexandria while taking part in the annual Bunny Hop (Sat, 🛋, 🆓, Alexandria). Or head to Schrom Hills Park for …….